6.29.2011

I love you kiddos...

This is why I'm starting this blog.

June 19, 2011, Father's Day.

I was driving back home from a weekend trip to Charlottesville, VA to photograph a wedding. I was thinking of how much I love all three of you and prayed for you.

My single prayer for all of you is that you grow up to know Jesus and love God with all your heart, mind, soul and strength.
God's been teaching me so much lately, and on my drive home He gave me a thought to jot down what He's currently teaching me. It'll be a good way for me to journal and something you can read when you're older. Then I thought about how cool it would be to read my dad's journal, if it even exists.

He passed away when I was 12, so I didn't get to know him as an adult. But reading his journal of some sort will help me get to know him better. Maybe it exists. I should ask halmuhnee...

So here it is. I want to leave you with something you can read when older. I'll post my thoughts, maybe some videos of you guys, and anything that I'd want you to know.

Let me begin with an iPhone devotional by Charles Spurgeon I read on 1/2/2011. It sparked a change in my heart. It helped me see my daily need for God more clearly. It revealed lack of prayer in my life as me being selfish and self-reliant. I had forgotten how much I need Jesus everyday.
Here it is:
"He who lives without prayer - he who lives with little prayer - he who seldom reads the Word - he who seldom looks up to heaven for a fresh influence from on high - he will be the man whose heart will become dry and barren; but he who calls in secret oh his God - who spends much time in holy retirement - who delights to meditate on the words of the Most High - whose soul is given up to Christ - such a man must have an overflowing heart; and as his heart is, such will his life be." - Charles Spurgeon
love,
abba